What a Day


Today (well, technically yesterday) was such an awesome day of unity and patriotism. Real, genuine patriotism and pride for this country. I am so proud to be able to witness this historical event in my lifetime, something that is bigger than myself, something that we are all a part of.

Despite Chief Justice John Roberts screwing up the oath and Aretha Franklin's scary hat (and arguably lackluster performance), today was glorious.

I couldn't help but tear up a little as the camera panned out into the sea of people (2 million+ strong in D.C.), hanging onto every word, tears streaming, and people literally bawling. As the new First Couple walked Bush and wife to the helicopter to retire in Texas, I think most of the world said a collective "Bye, Bush" as the Bushes faded into the distance, welcoming a new era.

Good riddance.

Click here to watch President Obama's full speech.

1 comments:

Anonymous | January 25, 2009 at 10:29 AM

If I recall correctly, it seemed like both Obama and Roberts were having some trouble with the oath. Who can blame them? They're both pretty new in their positions.