The Sequence


For a really long time, I have been trying to find local L.A. bands to support. Searching for years and years, I have just ended up supporting musical acts who moved here from Nebraska or Chicago. I mean, yes, there are great bands from L.A, but I wanted to really find them on my own and love them just as much as I love any other band that isn't from here. Eventually, I began to lose hope in ever finding a really good band that was apart of this big city's music scene.


Fortunately, my hope in finding someone that I actually like has changed.

Through random blogging and my need to stand up for the underdog, I found a band "The Sequence".

I noticed them after discovering their amazing cover of Rihanna's "Disturbia". I thought to give them a chance and listen to the rest of their songs up on myspace. Lead singer, Travis Van Hoff has a voice worth listening to, which is always a plus! I must say their song "Out Here in California" officially got me hooked. It's upbeat, catchy, and most of all, it makes me want to dance.

I can't say I love this band yet, but they have definitely caught my eye and I feel the need to take advantage of what I have found.

If you would like to take a listen of "Disturbia" or "Out Here In California" then go to The Sequence's myspace page.

If you live in the Los Angeles area, check out their show on Apr. 20th at The Knitting Factory! I wish I could go, but I'll be up here in San Francisco :-(

Also, may I add on a random note that I absolutely love Erykah Badu and Fiona Apple. If they did a song together, it would be the best thing ever!

0 comments: