UP!


I apologize for my lack of posts, but hopefully I can make it up by writing an awesome review of Pixar's latest animated film simply titled, "Up".

The wonderful film follows Carl Fredricksen, an old bitter man who goes on an unlikely adventure in his home to fulfill a promise made to the love of his life. Complications ensue once Russell, a Wilderness Explorer, accidentally finds his way into Carl's home and heart. Carl and Russell's adventure in the flying house begins to go down south once they get entangled in some dangerous encounters. I don't want to spoil it for you all, but this journey is one that you won't forget!

As usual, the Disney/Pixar movie tugs at your heartstrings and totally brought tears to my eyes. Aimed at both children and adults, "Up" is another prized film that I hope will bring home another Oscar for Best Animated Film. With the underlying message that we are all to create our own adventures with the ones we love, it is something that I hope to incorporate into my personal life. With such amazing reviews by both critics and fans, you know that your $9.00 will be well spent.


Little known facts about my voyage to see this movie:

Went to two movie theaters before only to be rejected by the SOLD OUT sign.

Hoped to see it in 3D, but The Bridge wanted to charge us a whopping $15.75! They got me messed up cuz I was not gonna pay 16 bucks for an hour and a half movie!

Finally went to Marina Del Rey to see it in a smaller, much cheaper movie theater called United Artists. They were very hospitable and gave me a student discount.

The Pixar short, Partly Cloudy was one of the best I have seen.

Oh yeah, I cried about five times.

I started the clapping at the closing credits and everyone followed suit. It was PERFECT!

0 comments: