Beautiful Music, For Free!


The Sigur Ros album, "We Play Endlessly", will be given away for free this Saturday, January 31st. This band composes some of the most beautiful music I've ever heard. It's rare that music today can make me feel like I'm floating in space or looking up at the stars while lying aimlessly in soft green grass. I see the most vivid colors when I listen to Sigur Ros (no, I'm not a pothead thanks :]).

I love that they're following in the footsteps of Radiohead and Nine Inch Nails with this gratuitous gift to us. Even though it's sort of a "best of" album, this offer should definitely be taken advantage of.

Tracklisting:
Glósoli
Sé Lest
Við spilum endalaust
Sæglópur
Icelandic National Anthem
Inní mér syngur vitleysingur
Hoppípolla
Gobbledigook

Here's one of my fave songs, Glósoli.


Sources:
-The Independent
-Current News

2 comments:

Anonymous | January 27, 2009 at 3:16 PM

50 Cent and Little Brother have done the same thing. It's cool that artists decide to give the music for free, as I'm sure they know that many fans will attain the music that way anyways. There's always other ways of bringing in revenue, since you can't download a live show or a T-shirt.

Le Chat Noir | January 27, 2009 at 4:04 PM

oh yeah, little brother has done it as well. 50...i don't care for him, but more power to him for free music lol.

and yeah agree, this won't hurt sigur ros in any way.