The Namesake


One of the most eloquently portrayed movies of our time, The Namesake is the heart-wrenching story of a turbulent relationship between a father and son...Ok that totally sounds like I read that straight off the box but I swear I didn't. There's a lot I could say about how great this movie is but I won't. I won't sit here and profess my love for all things Indian. I won't tell you that this move got rave reviews. I won't tell you that the guy who plays Kumar in White Castle does an exceptional job at playing a serious character trapped between his Indian heritage and his American  heritage. I won't even sit here and tell you that every time I watched this movie I went through a box of Kleenex. But I will say that if you have not seen this movie, you most definitely should.

0 comments: