Eminem Keeps Me Up Til 3 AM

Wow.

I heard a clip from Eminem's new song "3 AM" on iTunes and thought it was terrible. Given his previous single "We Made You," I figured this wouldn't be any better. The only reason I watched it is because I was in middle school when The Marshall Mathers LP came out and I still have a lingering interest in what he's up to.

Let me say that I'm very pleasantly surprised. This is one of the most original hip-hop videos I've seen in a long time. The song sounds nothing like anything he's done before. Horrorcore was a neat little subgenre in hip-hop a long while back but it never (to my knowledge) got explored to this degree. I can see why this wasn't the first single as it's not for everybody, but this is truly a worthy return.

1 comments:

Ian | May 4, 2009 at 8:14 AM

It's the second single because Em always does that. He does the upbeat(by comparison) first, and then the more hard stuff after that. Think about it.