The Sea and Cake - Weekend

The Sea and Cake is a band that has apparently been around for over a decade, though their contemporary sound would make you think they were completely fresh. "Weekend" is the first and only song I've heard by them, and I love it so much that I'm a little bit afraid to see what else they've put out lest it greatly disappoint. The vocals remind me of the looming vocals of M83, while the tweaked acoustic guitar and buzzing keyboards remind me of Orbital.

The video for the song depicts carefree children doing what carefree children often do, and it's in many ways a very different video than what I imagined mentally when I first listened to the song. That's not to say that it's not fitting, but it may be wise to listen to the song without the video first in order to create your own mental image of it.