Where Art Thou, Happy Music?

Sometimes I wonder if I'm destined to be perpetually melancholy. Hoping to add some happy music to my depressing mix of electro, rock and hip-hop, I took to the upbound "Action/Reaction" by Choir of Young Believers. I should have known better than to think that I would be listening to music that could also be uplifting. Just read these lyrics:

She is a monument,
and everyone is talking,
like a vision it's all crystal clear,
a change of mind and then a change of position,
did we ever honestly believe,
watching dead bodies and bombs falling from the sky,
nothing's gonna change, nothing is ever gonna change


Yikes.

3 comments:

Le Chat Noir | June 11, 2009 at 3:59 AM

I think that's a rather extreme assertion of what good music is but hey, opinions are opinions.

You're probably just prone for depressing music. There is "happy music" out there, you just have to look for it.

Le Chat Noir | June 11, 2009 at 4:00 AM

prone to*

Anonymous | June 11, 2009 at 8:23 AM

Of course you're right there. =)